Why do pets need to be licensed?
Choose a 12, 24 or 36 Month License for your Dog or Cat:
1) Rabies Control: Licensing is a way for Animal Services to ensure that your pet is vaccinated against the Rabies virus which exists in Ventura County.
2) A License Tag is a form of identification which helps Animal Services reunite you with your lost pet.
Making a false declaration regarding the vaccination of an animal may result in a citation and/or non-issuance of a license. If your pet's rabies vaccination is not valid for the full term of the license, the license period will be shortened.
LICENSING RATES: (See below sections for MOORPARK and OXNARD residents)
Senior Citizens Altered Unaltered
(55 years +) ("Fixed") ("Not Fixed")
12 Month License $10 $20 $100
24 Month License $15 $35 $190
36 Month License $20 $55 $280
**PLEASE NOTE THAT SENIOR CITIZEN PRICING APPLIES TO THE AGE OF THE PRIMARY OWNER AND NOT THE AGE OF THE PET** When applying, please provide proof of your age for the Senior Citizen Discount. Senior Citizen licensing rates are ONLY eligible for those pets that are altered ("fixed").
LICENSING RATES for MOORPARK, CA only
Senior Citizens Altered Unaltered
(55 years +) ("Fixed") ("Not Fixed")
6 Month License $7.50 $15 $50
12 Month License $15 $30 $100
24 Month License $30 $60 $200
36 Month License $45 $90 $300
**PLEASE NOTE THAT SENIOR CITIZEN PRICING APPLIES TO THE AGE OF THE PRIMARY OWNER AND NOT THE AGE OF THE PET** When applying, please provide proof of your age for the Senior Discount. Senior Citizen licensing rates are ONLY eligible for those pets that are altered ("fixed").
LICENSING RATES for OXNARD, CA only
("Not Fixed") ("Fixed")
Rabies vaccination should match the term of the license. For example, if your pet's rabies vaccination is good for another two years and you purchase a three year license, the license will only be good for two years, not three.
Altered = "Fixed" - Spayed or Neutered
Unaltered = "Not Fixed" - Not Spayed or Neutered
Ventura County Animal Services does not license pets for those who live in the cities of Santa Paula or Thousand Oaks. We also do not license pets living in Oxnard unless the pet is a new adoption from Ventura County Animal Services.
LICENSING LOCATIONS by City
The Animal Doctor
Arroyo Vista Animal Clinic
U.S. Army Medical Dept.
10195 Telephone Rd. 93004
476 W. Los Angeles Ave. Ste. B-9 93021
Building 19, 43st St., Port Hueneme
Phone #:647-8596 FAX #:647-8306
Phone #: 529-6833 FAX #: 529-8573
Bristol Animal Hospital
Family Mason Animal Clinic
Port Hueneme City Hall
2301 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura, CA 93003
173 E. High Street 93021
250 N. Ventura Rd 93041
Phone #: 529-4650 FAX #: 529-4651
Phone #: 986-6500 FAX #: 986-6511
Moorpark Veterinary Hospital
Channel Islands Veterinary Hosp.
484 E. Los Angeles Ave. Ste. 104
714 W. Channel Islands Blvd. 93041
93021 X-Springs Rd. Phone #: 529-7003
Phone #: 984-9868 FAX #: 985-7578
Ohana Pet Hospital
City of Moorpark
4547 Telephone Rd. Suite A 93003
799 Moorpark Ave 93021
Phone #: 658-7387 FAX #: 658-7388
Phone #: 517-6200 FAX #: 523-8836
Ventura City Hall (Closed Fridays)
501 Poli St. Room 107 93003
Angeles Animal Hospital
City of Oxnard - Animal Safety
Phone #: 654-7800 ext 7862
1778 E. Los Angeles Ave. 93064
214 South C. St. 93030 (closed every other Friday)
Phone #: 527-6877 FAX #: 527-0244
Phone: 385-7818 FAX: 385-7836
Ventura Veterinary Hospital
1784 Thompson Blvd. 93001
Simi Valley City Hall
2929 Tapo Canyon Rd. 93063
Phone #: 583-6700
Santa Clara Valley Veterinary Hospital
1195 S. Wells Rd. 93004
Rancho Sequoia Veterinary Hospital
Phone #: 659-3588 FAX #:659-0209
3380 E. Los Angeles Ave. 93065
Phone #: 522-7476 FAX #: 522-2144
East Ventura Animal Hospital
10225 Telephone Rd., 93004
American Veterinary Hospital
2109 Tapo St. Suite #3 93065
Animal Clinic of Oakview
Phone #:581-9111 FAX #: 581-9769
Camarillo City Hall
600 Ventura Ave 93022
601 Carmen Dr. 93010
Simi Valley Animal Hospital
Phone # 805-388-5397
1317 E. Los Angeles Ave. # A-1, 93065
The Humane Society
Phone #: 527-0042 FAX #: 527-0045
Central Avenue Animal Clinic
402 Bryant Street 93023
167-A Aviador St. 93010
Phone #: 646-6505 FAX #: 646-6651
R&R Pet Lifestyle and Supply
Phone #: 484-0465 FAX #: 484-5396
2780 Tapo Canyon Rd. #4
Ojai Pet Hospital
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital
1120 Maricopa Highway 93023
Phone #: 210-5262
2174 Pickwick Dr. 93010
Phone #: 646-5555 Fax #: 646-1004
Phone #: 482-8951 FAX #:482-5217
Dr. Battier Veterinary Services
3639 E. Las Posas Rd. Ste 112 93010
Phone #: 987-7110 FAX #: 388-0442
Las Posas Veterinary Medical Center
78 Daily Dr. 93010
Phone #: 987-6587 FAX #: 987-1928
Most licensing locations do not have access to your information, so you MUST bring your renewal paperwork.
This Website is offered as a public service. You agree to use this Website in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws. By using this Website, you agree to assume all risks associated with the use of this Website, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software or any other file which might be transmitted or activated via the Website or your access to it. Under no circumstances will the County or VCAS be liable to you for any direct, indirect, punitive, general, consequential, incidental or special damages or losses arising from your use of this Website, including, without limitation, any lost revenues, lost profits or loss of data. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the County and VCAS, at your own expense, from and against any liability, fees (including attorney's fees) and/or costs arising out of claims resulting from your use of this Website.
By using this Website, you expressly consent to administrative and security monitoring of the Website.
Using Website to Pay a License Fee
You will be charged a service fee by the company that assists us in processing payments, which will be disclosed to you before you make your payment. Payment methods are limited to Visa or Mastercard credit cards or debit cards with Visa or Mastercard logos. You do not have to make your payment using this Website. You may also make your payment in person at any Ventura County Animal Shelter by cash, check, Visa, Mastercard or debit cards displaying Visa or Mastercard logo. Your payment date is the date on which you select and depress the "Submit Payment" button. At the end of your transaction you will be able to print a receipt for your records.
We offer the ability to make payments using this Website as a courtesy only. We assume no obligation to ensure that it is available for your use. Therefore, if this Website is unavailable, you must use an alternate payment method by the applicable deadline for payment.
If you have questions about your license renewal notice and/or do not believe that your license needs to be renewed, contact VCAS either in person by visiting one of the County's shelters or over the phone by calling (805) 388-4341 option 5 prior to the due date listed on your license renewal notice.
Pursuant to Article 6 Chapter 4, Division 2 of the Ventura County Municipal Code:
Sec. 2591 License required.
No person shall own, manage or operate a kennel, as defined in this Article, within the unincorporated areas of the County unless such kennel has first been licensed by the County pursuant to this Article and the license is currently in effect.
Below you will find Ventura County's Department of Animal Regulation Kennel Standards and guidelines.
1) All kennels and its facility are to be kept clean, dry, and free from debris.
Kennels must protect against environmental extremes as well as have adequate ventilation and air flow.
2) Indoor kennels must meet the minimum sizes:
3'Wx3'Lx6'H = small to medium dogs
4'Wx4'Lx6'H = large dogs
5'Wx5'Lx6'H = extra large dogs
3) Dogs must have a resting surface 6 inches off the kennel floor
4) It is recommended that all walls separating kennels be 5 feet.
5) Kennel flooring should be made of concrete inside and outside. The concrete flooring needs to be grated and sealed. This will allow the water to run off and not create free standing water.
6) Kennel walls must be made or constructed of non-porous material, to allow for easy and effective disinfection. Kennels are to be kept free of debris or material that interferes with proper sanitation. Kennels need to be kept free of any sharp objects or edges that would cause the animal injury.
7) Kennels must be well kept at all times and any repairs that need to be done will be done ASAP.
8) Outdoor kennel runs that are attached to any indoor kennel must be at the minimum 4'Wx8'Lx6'H. When having outdoor only kennel(s), the dog must have a dog house or an internal housing box that will allow the dog to be protected from environmental extremes. The minimum requirement for an outside only kennel is 5'Wx10'Lx6'H.
9) Exercise pens must be at least 10'x10' or larger. They must have a shaded area to have for hot days. All dogs should have at least 1–2 hrs of exercise a day.
Puppies should be exercise at least twice a day.
10) If you are going to crate any dogs they must have enough room to stand, sit, lie down and turn about at will. When crating puppies the following guideline must apply:
9-10 wks = 30-60 min
11-14wks = 1-3 hrs
15-16wks = 3-4 hrs
17+ wks = 4+ hrs (not to exceed 6 hrs)
11) It is recommended that any pet waste be removed at least twice a day and put into an airtight trash type container.
12) Kitchens or any area surface where food is kept or prepared must be disinfected daily.
13) Dog food is to be kept in airtight containers that must be rodent and pest proof.
14) Dogs need to be fed at the minimum once a day and 2-3 times for puppies. Dogs must have fresh water available at all times.
15) Food bowls must be removed after the dog(s) is finished eating and any left over's need to be thrown away. If daily food bowls are not provided and removed, there should be only enough feed for 1 day and should be placed in a bottom feeder.
16) For disinfection food bowls are to be soaked in bleach for a minimum of 10min then washed and air dried. If you have a dishwasher, wash the dishes with dish soap and then put into the dishwasher.
17) Bedding and blankets must be washed every other day. If the blanket or bedding is soiled it must be removed immediately and a new fresh blanket given to the dog. It is of the utter most importance that you either add bleach or a bleach alternative to the laundry detergent.
18) Enclosures are to be sanitized daily and disinfected once a week. Any disinfectant that is used must be non-harmful to animals and used within the manufactures guidelines.
19) Any new dogs as well as dogs that become sick or injured must be isolated from the general population. All sick or injured dogs must see a vet immediately for proper care.
20) Any and all veterinary records must be available for review at any time during normal business hours.
21) Every dog must be current on all its vaccinations including rabies. Any owned, rescued, or harbored dogs that reside within the county for 30 days on site or longer must follow the state mandated regulation and purchase a Ventura County dog license.