This is a union of animal rescues, animal shelters, non-profit foundations and individuals who volunteer to educate and advocate for promoting long-term solutions to the overpopulation of feral/community cats.
This coalition can loan out traps at no cost and they offer free feral cat spay/neuter surgeries.
VCAS is proud to be the lead agency for this coalition as well as an agency who provides spay/neuter surgeries. Member of this coalition include:
Educate and empower the community to advocate for every cat’s right to a safe, healthy and valued existence as listed in the “Five Freedoms” by ensuring safe conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express (most) normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress.
- Improve the lives of feral and homeless cats living in Ventura County by humanely stopping their breeding through Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR).
- Recognize and support the Ventura County feral cat coalition members.
- Promote long-term solutions regarding unsocialized, feral cats.
- Care for and adopt out tame cats and kittens to loving homes.