Everyone needs a little help at some time in their life. Ventura County Animal Services (VCAS) cares about you and your pets. If you need temporary assistance feeding your pet, Pet Pantry is available for you at either shelter location in Camarillo or Simi Valley. Pet Pantry offers FREE supplemental dog and cat food for licensed dogs and cats within Ventura County, thanks to local business partners (see below), Petco, and caring individuals from the community.
Note: All dogs and cats in this program must be current with rabies shots and spayed or neutered. Our Pet Retention Coordinator can help you arrange for low cost spay/neuter and shots during your application process.
By Participating in the Pet Pantry Program, participants agree to the following terms:
1. Food that is distrbuted through Pet Pantry are supplied through Ventura County Animal Services and is provided as a donation through community members and local businesses. Because this program is donation run there are times that the program may be limited on the availability of food or supplies given.
3. There is a limit of one bag of dry food and 6 cans of food per visit, regardless of the number of animals in the home.
4. You may designate up to 2 other members of your family or caregivers to pick up food on your behalf. Other people using your information for supply pick-up will be tracked on your record.
5. Agree that pets are for companionship and not for breeding or any illegal activities.
6. Have transportation to pick up food.
7. Keep all pets on the program up-to-date with rabies shots, and current licenses, pursuant to county or city licensing ordinances. See our licensing page for fees and information.
8. Maintain healthy living conditions for your pet(s), which includes providing fresh water and food daily and basic veterinary care, and they are to let a VCAS Representative know if they cannot maintain this level of care.
9. Agree that you will not add more pets while receiving from VCAS' Pet Pantry Program. Your first responsibility is to the pets you already own.
10. Agree to inform a VCAS Representative of any of the following changes:
- Change of contact information, such as address, phone number or email address
- Death of the pet
11. There are risks involved with introducing a different food to a pet, and take full responsibility for this choice
12. Agree, along with members of my household, family members, and friends, that Ventura County Animal Services Pet Pantry, their officers, directors, member agents, employees, and volunteers shall not be held liable for any claims, liabilities, losses or damages.
13. Agree to allow Pet Pantry to use any photos of you and your pet that may be taken at the time of food distribution. You must relinquish all rights for monetary gain and compensation.
14. Registration and participation may be revoked at the discretion of Ventura County Animal Services.
Locations and Times:
Camarillo Adoption Center/ Simi Valley Adoption Center
During office hours, Sunday-Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm (Please note: Holidays or closed days may affect or change these hours)
600 Aviation Drive 670 W. Los Angeles Avenue
Camarillo, CA 93010 Simi Valley, CA 93065
Our "Pantry Partners"!
Welcome to the Village! Local business (or Pantry Partners) have made the commitment to help Ventura County residents feed their pets. These businesses are official donation sites where pet food can be delivered. To show appreciation for your donation, our partners are offering in-store deals! See below for details.
If you are business and are interested in becoming an official location, please contact Sharon Martin of Profit Strategies at 818-707-8909. Thank you!
Ventura Harley - Davidson
1326 Del Norte Rd.
Camarillo, CA 93010
Ventura Harley has set out a collection bin for Pet Pantry! They are also offering 25% off a T-Shirt when you bring 6 cans of food or a 10 pound bag of food!
Being Fit Is It!
Ventura, CA 93003
Donate 6 cans or a 15lbs (minimum) bag of pet food for 10% discount on Training Plans or 20% off 1 month Nutrition.Meal Planning!
All Med Pharmacy
442 N. Moorpark Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Donate 6 cans of pet food or a 20lb. bad of pet food and receive 10% discount on your purchase.
5918 E. Los Angeles Ave.
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Donate 6 cans of pet food or a small bag of food and get 10% off of an exam!
Aviante Health and Wellness
778-A/B Greenwich Drive
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Donate 6 cans of dog/cat food (or purchase a gift card of $20+) and receive 20% off any one treatment!
All Vet Care Animal Hospital
P: 805-484-8777 or 805 484-8770 (805-905-9017 during After Hours)
4065 Mission Oaks Blvd.
Camarillo, CA 93012
Donate 6 cans of dog/cat food and get 10% off your 1st pet exam and 20% off each additional pet exam or 10% off 1 pet vaccination.
Healthy Pet: Pet Food & Supplies
4 Locations: Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Agoura Hills
Donate 6 cans of dog/cat food and get 20% off any non-food item when you purchase 6 cans+ of dog/cat food for Pet Pantry.
Profit Strategies - Organizer of this sustainable effort.
President, Sharon Martin
31194 La Paya Drive, Suite 100
Westlake Village, CA 91362