Ventura County Animal Services (VCAS) operates two shelters within the county. The large main shelter in Camarillo houses over 400 pets and the administrative offices. Our smaller facility in Simi Valley houses nearly 40 pets at a time.Each year, Ventura County Animal Services cares for more than 12,000 animals. Our goal is to reunite lost pets with their owners and find life-long homes for as many animals as possible, while providing proper care during their stay.
Ventura County Animal Services provides contract services for eight cities within our community: Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Simi Valley and Ventura. VCAS enforces local ordinances and state laws within our service areas, including animal cruelty/neglect investigations, leash law compliance, rabies suppression efforts and providing medical care for sick and injured animals.
The VCAS Mission:To improve the lives of the animals in our care, be timely and compassionate in our responses, educate the public through community outreach and, provide for the health and safety of the citizens and animals of Ventura County.
Ventura County Animal Services:
- Provides care to stray and abandoned animals
- Promotes animal adoptions
- Reunites pets with their owners
- Rescues stray and injured animals
- Responds to natural disasters
- Processes new and renewal pet licenses
- Hosts monthly low-cost rabies vaccination clinics
- Educates the community about animal welfare and proper pet care