The VCAS Bunny Brigade is an all volunteer-run organization that provides care and enrichment for all of the Ventura County Animal Services' homeless rabbits, works to place VCAS rabbits in loving forever homes, educates the public about proper rabbit care, raises funds for medical treatments and supplies, and promotes rabbit welfare and spaying/neutering throughout the county.
Bunny Adoption Hours:
|Tuesday||1:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||4:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||1:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Sunday||1:00pm - 4:00pm|
*Adoption hours are subject to change. Please message the VCAS Bunny Brigade to confirm current hours.
How to adopt a VCAS bunny:
1. Learn about rabbits and their care. Stop by our Camarillo Adoption Center during bunny adoption hours to fill out an adoption application and talk to a VCAS Bunny Brigade Adoption Counselor to help you determine if a rabbit is the right fit for your home. Rabbits are an 8-12 year commitment and adding a pet to your family should be given plenty of thought and consideration.
Watch this informative video BEFORE you go shopping for your new rabbit...
2. Visit with the rabbits. Bring everyone in the family/household and plan to spend at least an hour or two meeting our shelter rabbits and going through the adoption counseling. Each bunny has a unique personality so the VCAS Bunny Brigade works diligently to find the best fit for your whole family. Please bring photographs and/or video showing your bunny housing/setup. If you are looking for a companion for your current rabbit, you can schedule a bunny date with the VCAS Bunny Brigade to help find the perfect match.
3. Adopt. Once you have determined that a rabbit is a good fit for your home, ask yourself if you are ready to commit to providing daily love and care for the next 8-12 years. Be sure to watch the video above or consult us and purchase all the necessary supplies your new rabbit will need, and select the right bunny for your whole family! The adoption fee is $50 and each rabbit is spayed/neutered prior to adoption. Your bunny will also be eligible for a free wellness visit with a rabbit savvy veterinarian and will receive a free bag of hay and a chewable grass mat upon adoption!
CLICK HERE to view our cuddly rabbits online!
Other services provided by the VCAS Bunny Brigade:
· Fresh Timothy and Orchard hay for sale ($5 donation per bag)
· Nail Trims ($5-$10 donation)
· Grooming ($5-$10 donation)
· Bunny Dates - Bunnies participating in Bunny Dates must be spayed/neutered and in good health.
(Must schedule Bunny Dates beforehand by emailing the VCAS Bunny Brigade at
· Bunny Savvy Veterinarian Recommendations
· Bunny Sitting and Boarding Recommendations
· And much more!
Follow the VCAS Bunny Brigade online at: